Friday, February 10, 2012

Rachel - For Mom, with Love!


It's hard to believe that it's been 7 years since my mom suddenly died. It was January 2005; she was feeling good, reaching out to friends and loved ones, and then she was gone. My world forever changed. My father lost half his life that day and the rest of it drained from him over the next 35 months. My children lost their grandmother. I lost my mommy, and then my daddy.
I miss my parents terribly,and while time softens the pain on a day-in day-out basis, the deep and resounding loss is always here.
This daffodil blooms each year, reminding me of my mother who loved daffodils, yellow and spring. After mom's death I planted this daffodil, a centerpiece from her memorial, and when it blooms it cheers me with the bittersweet thought of mom.
For Mom, with LOVE!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful shot and beautiful sentiments!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shot and sentiments! I'm sorry for your your huge loss! It's so rare to capture a Daf in midbloom, as it happens quickly when they decide to unfold their skirts.

    ReplyDelete